Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Our Beautiful World

This morning as we were driving, I was gazing out the window at the magnificent green hills, and arching oak trees over the black curving rain stained road , I thought what a gift this world is.

I know this is a rather unoriginal thought, but it still boggled my mind. As I continued to ponder, I realized truly how complex I am, that I am even able to think. How remarkable is it that we can create from the depths of our thoughts sentences of composure and intellect. Our brains capability to think in sounds, pictures and words, is unfathomably amazing.

As my astonishingly beautifully and complex brain continued to think, and it started to reflect on a person we had talked to the day before. Whilst knocking doors, sharing our message of God's plan, we came across an old man, who, upon first impression, seemed to have some spark in him. We began to talk to him through his shadowed door way, and asked him what he believed. He told us that he did not believe in God or that his spirit would continue to exist after death, which is a rather common belief in the world today, but I thought to myself, "What a poor soul, and what a dreary and depressing life he must be living".

He was genuinely a kind man, but he turned cold when we tried to share the knowledge we had that could have brought him comfort and peace about the purpose for his life, if he would have allowed it.

Walking away from his door, I felt filled with sadness, and put myself in his shoes. As I thought about what my life would be like if I had no idea why I was here, I realized I wouldn't even want to be alive if I didn't have something to reach for, if I didn't have hope for good things to come after this life.

But I felt warmth as I thought about the knowledge that I do know about life after this, I DO have a knowledge of the purpose of life. And I DO know that God lives. The message of The restored gospel of Jesus Christ is one of hope and happiness and it truly brings joy to all who will open there hearts and accept it.  Regardless of what this life has brought, the hope and happiness comes from knowing that this earth is just a small part of what God has gloriously planned for each of us.  This time on earth is such a blessing. It is a time for us to progress and experience and become more like our savior Jesus Christ.

M.Russel Ballard stated;
"Grand as it is, planet Earth is part of something even grander -that great plan of God"

How great is this world we live in, and how great will the world to come be?  How great is the plan that our Father has for us? 

Just the thought of how GREAT it will be, brings peace to my soul. 


Here is a video about God the Father, and the creation of this world and EVERYTHING else. You can find more at mormonchannel.org
  

No comments:

Post a Comment